Tuesday 17 September 2019

Back to the Southern Emeralds at Bouldnor.

Returning to the Southern Emerald site at Yarmouth today I was rewarded with a sighting of a female damselfly immediately on reaching the small scrape.Just as quickly she gave me the slip and I was unable to relocate her.Wandering around this scrape for about twenty minutes I had seven seperate sightings of male Southern Emeralds.How many individuals there were I cannot say.
Walking to the large scrape I again drew a blank.Retracing my steps, I had several more male sightings at the first scrape and while observing a particular male I noticed a joined pair just a few inches away.With this spell of settled,warm,summerlike weather set to continue for some days yet,hopefully more mating behaviour will be forthcoming.






No comments:

Post a Comment